Opportunities for Foreign Students to Work in China 2014/10/29

The Ministry of Education was delegated to establish a framework for foreign students to obtain work authorization by law. ( EEAL, art. 42.) The framework will also cover rules related to on-campus employment.

The new rules provide that a person with a residence certificate for study who want to take part time job off campus should obtain firstly approval from the school. Then he or she should apply to the PSB Exit-Entry Administration for a notation to the certificate, and tell the part-time job or the location and period of internship off campus. (State Council regs, art. 22). 

SICAS reminders: What should be noticed is that short-term students with X2 visas do not have such opportunities.Also it is illegal for foreign students to work without authorization or beyond the scope authorized. (EEAL, art. 43(3).)

Related Article 

 Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China 

 New Law Ensure International Students Work-study in China


login register

© SICAS 2009-2021.