Application Deadline Jun 17,2024
RMB 40000 per year
This program includes three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
For students who would like to do the internship in China, they should pass the new HSK 4 to contact with the patients. WHU would arrange the internship at one of its 2 affiliated hospitals - Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University and Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University.
The hospitals have 2800 beds, 15 million out-patients per year, 50,000 in-patients per year, 25,000 major operations and a full list of disciplines covering 100 clinical and auxiliary departments and 30 laboratories.
For those who do their internships in other countries, WHU need to do a qualification evaluation on the chosen hospital. After the internship, if they have finished the graduation thesis and thesis defense in the first five years, they can get their diploma and if they can’t return to China, the school can provide mail service.
And, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation in WHU before graduation.
On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by the host institution, if they meet the degree regulations of the host institution. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine.
According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master's degree.
1. High school graduate or above, or have passed Grade Twelve (10+2)/FSc./A Level/WAEC or equivalent.
2. At least 60% score in science subjects: Mathematics, English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
3.Graduation certificate of high school
4.Academic transcript of high school
Your Email Address
Your Whatsapp Number
Your Email Address: