Duration of Study
A training duration of a Doctoral student is flexible and the basic period is 3 years in the University.
Training plan for Postgraduates
A training plan of a postgraduate must be made according to the requirements of the Subject Outline. Each plan should contain two parts, a course study plan and a thesis plan. The course plan, which should be made by a supervisor or his postgraduate, must be submitted to the Foreign Students Office within the first month. The thesis plan should be completed within one year and a half. Training Plan Table of Postgraduate should be signed by the supervisor and approved by the dean of the faculty before being submitted to the Foreign Students Office and the Postgraduate School.
Courses and Credits
1. Courses for Doctoral students consist of two parts, degree courses and elective courses. Total amount of credits required is no less than 18. Every 20 classhours equal to one credit.
(1) Degree courses(not less than 12 credits): Degree courses contain Chinese Language Learning(4 credits), Chinese Culture(2credits), Scientific Methodology(2 credits), Scientific Lecture(2 credits)as well as Summarization of Researching Literatures(2 credits).
(2) Elective courses(not less than 6 credits): All courses should be chosen from list of postgraduates’courses. One of them should be the course of cross-subject.
2. Courses adoption should follow the requirement of the Subject Outline. Study and exam-ination methods can be different based on the course characteristics. The following examination methods are usually adopted: self-study, normal classes, discussion, professional topic lectures, reading notes, etc.
3. A11 courses for doctoral students should be completed within one year and a half. They must be completed before the middle assessment.
Doctoral students must publish 3 papers in the core journals, or one paper which should be indexed by SCI or EI, or have one patent.
The topic of Published paper should be covered in the area of the subject studied.
China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) must be listed in the first place as a unit. Either postgraduates or supervisors can be the first writer, but only the first three writers can be accepted as the chief writers. However, if the paper is indexed by SCI or EI and the name of a postgraduate is listed in the second, the paper is just regarded as an article in a core journal for the postgraduate.
The paper must be approved by the supervisor before being submitted to a journal.
Graduation, Completion Of the Curriculum and Completion of the Courses
Postgraduates who have completed the courses required by the curriculum, and have reached the standard established for graduation, can graduate and be conferred the diploma.
Postgraduates who have completed the courses required by the curriculum, but have not reached the standard established for graduation, e.g. not published enough papers and hasn’t passed the defense of thesis, may finish the study and will be issued a Certificate of Completion of Study.
Within the period specified by CUG, the postgraduates may retake the relevant courses or redo the graduation thesis or design. Once me standard for graduation is reached the postgraduates may change the Certificate of Completion of Study to the Diploma, the date of graduation will be the date of issuance of the diploma.
The University Academic Degree Committee will confer a Degree Certificate to the qualified postgraduates.
Postgraduates who have completed more than one academic year of study and then dropped out will be issued an Certificate of Study.
Diploma, Certificate for Completion of study, or Certificate of Study, or Degree Certificate, if 1ost or damaged, will not be reissued, but the owner can send an application to CUG. and if the case is verified to be true CUG will issue a document certifying the corresponding status.
The applicant should be under the age of 40 with good health and must have Bachelor's degree or a similar graduation certificate equivalent to a Bachelor's degree holder in China. Undergraduate courses, academic transcripts and two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors should be submitted. He /She may be recruited after examination and approval by the University. Applicants should have attained a higher level of competence in English and be able to use it in pursuing study and research in their special field.
1.Photocopy of valid passport
With photo, passport number &expiration date and name included.
A passport-sized photo taken recently of the applicant.
3.Master's degree diploma
Graduation certificate should be in Chinese or English.
If not, it should be translated into Chinese or English and be notarized.
4.Transcript of postgraduate school
From professor,associate professor or equivalents.
For example, IELTS or TOEFL, only for applicant whose native language is not English.
Required during application.Photocopy of notarized foreigner physical examination record (for durations of study over 6 months)
8.Study plan(3000 words)
Including study purpose, research interest and research plan in brief.
9. Personal Statement (500 words)
Personal Statement with the applicant's signature, written in Chinese or in English.
SICAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through SICAS, you will enjoy:
- •Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- •Free access to Chinese university database, 60,000+ programs in 500+ top Chinese universities are available.
- •Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- •Admission & JW202 Guarantee
- •Admission Speed-up.
- •Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- •Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- •Money Transfer Service.
- •Chance to find alumni.
- •Pre-departure Training.
- •Accommodation arrangement.
- •Police Registration & Resident Permit.
- •Medical Check in China.
- •Insurance in China.
- •New Students Orientation Week.
- •Long-term Parents-style Care---SICAS "Plus Gift".
|Tuition :||35000 per year|
|Application Fee:||USD 150
Feel Free to Ask Questions!