About Beijing Union University2012/05/14
Beijing Union University, established in 1985 by ratification of Ministry of Education, is a comprehensive higher education institution at municipal administrative level. Its predecessor are branches founded in 1978 from more than 30 key universities in Beijing, including Peking University and Tsinghua University. Beijing Union University focuses on undergraduate education with complete disciplines, and trains application-oriented students. Adhering to the education philosophy of “serving the people and with application as our premise”, we have trained more than 100,000 graduates in the past 30 years, and have made great contributions to the prosperity of the economy and the development of the society. Today, our university has developed into a university of large scale and high enrollment rate, and is one of Beijing’s key training bases for application-oriented students.
Beijing Union University currently has a student body of nearly 30,000, including 20,000 undergraduates, over 8,000 higher vocational college students, some postgraduates, and over 6,000 students for adult education.
Our university has 3 programs for postgraduate education, 54 programs for undergraduate education, and 71 programs for higher vocational college education.
Our university actively carries out scientific research work. We have undertaken many scientific research projects on both national and provincial levels, and made great achievements.
Beijing Union University actively carries out international co-operations on educational projects and academic and cultural exchange activities to promote the development of the university.
Looking into the future, we are filled with confidence. Beijing Union University keeps moving forward with the goals of building a “first-class university at home, and a well-known university abroad”, and train more high-quality, application-oriented students with rich knowledge for application and strong competence for practice.
Some 1.3 million RMB are invested in building facilities digital multimedia network, computer rooms and a multifunctional center. Among the 29 classrooms are 7 large ones which can house 60 persons and 22 small ones which can accommodate 20 persons. Total areas for classrooms reach 1,200 square meters. The School is also equipped with state-of-the-art electronic white boards, reaching international levels in both facility availability and function.
To enrich life international students:
1.one-to-one program, i.e. one Chinese student helping one international student with Chinese.
2. free training courses for passing HSK 6.
3. free training courses for passing Business Chinese Test (BCT).
4. free training courses designed for passing Oral Chinese Proficiency Test (HKC).
5. lectures on Chinese History and Culture (e.g. Chinese calligraphy and Painting) are delivered and Chinese Corner waas set up.
6. international students’ speech competition and debate competition are held per semester.
7. athletic meeting is held per semester.
8. free visiting tours and extra cultural practice are organized four times per semester in Beijing (The Great Wall, Summer Palace, Capital Museum etc).
9. visiting tours outside Beijing per semester (Shanghai Xian and Yun Nan etc). Colorful Extracurricular Activities